It is normal to have several questions in mind when it comes to installing pool tiles. One can start thinking about the possibility of installing some types of tiles in the swimming pool. Some question that seems to be irrelevant can cross one’s mind. I want to assure you that every question counts. I understand that it might not be an easy task to get some information or answers to some questions that cross ones’ mind nut I believe that a few solutions you will get here concerning pool tiles will go a long way.
Are you willing to know some facts about installing tiles on the walls and floor of a swimming pool? Or do you want some answers to some questions that have been running through your mind as regards best pool tiles? I want to assure you that you are in the right place. I have once been in your shoe, and I know how you are feeling right now.
After doing some thorough research to know some facts about pool tiles, I decided to pass this across to many interested people. Therefore, I want to implore you to pay rapt attention to the details provided here. Below here are answers to some questions about pool tiles:
- How many years should pool tiles last before one can replace them?
The best time to start thinking about replacing your pool tiles should be after one has used them for fifteen to twenty years. However, the durability of pool tiles depends on how effective the installation process was. For well-fixed pool tiles, it should last for nothing less than twenty years before one can replace them.
- Can I use ceramic wall tile in a swimming pool?
Of course, yes. One can use an ordinary ceramic wall tile to design a pool. However, it may not be as durable as other types of tiles.
- Can I use tile grout in a swimming pool? If you decide to use a standard-based grout made explicitly for floor tiling, one might commit errors. However, special grout is made to stand the discoloring effect caused by chemicals used in pool maintenance.
- Can I choose to use any color of pool tile to design a swimming pool? Although the selection of colors in pool tiles depends on every individual’s choice. However, I will advise you to choose colors that will bring out the uniqueness of the design on the surface of the water. How do I mean? A swimming pool designed using a black poolside might look scary for people to use because the black color will change the color surface of the water, and it will look as if the water is black and not pure.
- How can I remove hard water stains on pool tiles? Firstly, I will like to let you know that you can do it by yourself. You only need to get a power washer and mineral salt to clean.
However, it depends on how hard the water stains the pool. Furthermore, white vinegar is also considered to be a valuable tool in cleaning water stains in pools. It is often regarded as the natural way.
- Can I install a herringbone tile pattern in a swimming pool?
Of course, yes. Herringbone pool tiles will give a swimming pool a stunning and outstanding look. Remember, the herringbone tile pattern is a zigzag pattern that is installed using tiles cut into pieces in the exact sizes to form a type of fish called herring. I have seen several swimming pools with a herringbone pool tiles design. You can read about Incredible facts that you need to know about the types of pool tiles by clicking here.
- How can I keep my pool decking look gorgeous? If you want your pool decking to look attractive, you must choose to use the non-slip tile for deck paving. This will prevent wear and tear. Not only that, ensure that you are cleaning your pool deck regularly.
Also, avoid spilling fertilizer on the pool deck. Fertilizers will leave a hard orange stain because it contains iron.
- When can I add salt to my swimming pool? Some people say that pool tiles can be affected when one adds salt to the swimming pool. It is not accurate. You can add salt to your pool after twenty-eight days.
- How can I make swimming pool water blue? Before now, I have always believed that a blue chemical was poured into the swimming pool to make it blue. But recently, I have learned that calm pool water can at times get its color from the sun’s rays of the light. But this doesn’t occur every time.
One of the ways to make your swimming pool water blue is to build a blue pool bottom. The pool tiles that will be used on the floor of the blue should contain a blue pattern.
- Where can I get good-quality pool tiles? We are now in a world whereby every market is digitalized. Therefore, you can get your pool tiles online. There are tile stores online that will deliver the best quality of tiles right at your doorstep.
- Can I install pool tiles by myself? I won’t discourage you. It is possible. That is, if you can get a healthy explanatory guide on YouTube and you are ready to follow the installation process just as you see it on screen. On the other hand, I will advise you to hire an expert to help you handle that project.
- Is it possible for one to get injured in the swimming pool? Of course, it is possible. When may likely get damaged if the tiles used to design the swimming pool have a rough edge. Some pool tiles have a sharp edge and an uneven surface. They can scratch swimmers’ skin.
Finally, we believe that we have answered your questions correctly. In this article, we answered twelve solid questions that may likely come to your mind whenever the word “swimming pool tiles” comes to your mind.